As a tribute to the Paxton supercharged Shelby GT-350s of the ‘60s, we offer current systems for V8 powered carbureted Ford Mustangs designed to fit under the stock hood. With a horsepower increase ranging from 30% to more than 75% (depending on engine build), the NOVI 1200 or NOVI 1500 supercharger will provide street superiority.
- 1964-1968 Mustang 260/289/302 V8
- 1969 Mustang 351 Windsor V8 (H-CODE)
Two configurations are available: Passenger’s side mount, which allows the use of factory power steering and, the more traditional driver’s side mount that requires an alternator be included in place of a generator where applicable. For 1967-68 and 1969 351W passenger’s side mount systems, the Paxton battery relocation kit (#8N150-010) will be required.
- A cast aluminum carburetor enclosure assembly for the use with Holley #4150 type, Quick Fuel Q-750 BAN or Demon 650 MD 4-BBL carburetor (mechanical secondaries, .120 needle and seat plus nitrophyll float set). The enclosure pressurizes the float bowls and throttle shafts for seamless response and correct air/fuel ratio. It features front and rear -8 AN fuel inlet ports as well as multiple locations for pressure/vacuum connections. Linkage arms, splined shaft and left/right hand spherical rod ends are included for simple throttle connection and adjustment. Carburetor studs are supplied and available separately. If the Holley carburetor is used, an air diffuser (#8M011-001) is recommended.
- The NOVI supercharger uses a 3.7” 8-rib supercharger pulley, which produces approximately 7-1/2 PSI @ 5500 rpm on a stock V8 engine.
- Supercharger drive system with necessary belts and pulleys (for use in V-belt setup)
- Billet aluminum mounting plate configuration for alternator and supercharger drive assembly.
- Aluminum discharge tube with Bosch compressor bypass valve.
- Fuel system upgrade with high-volume boost-referenced mechanical fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel lines and high-flow air filter.
- Factory stock compression ratio is recommended. If other than the factory (standard rise) manifold is used a cowl hood may be necessary.
- Not compatible with generator equipped vehicles.
- Throttle linkage compatible with 1964-68 Mustang only (other vehicles/years will need custom throttle linkage construction).
- Carburetor enclosure is compatible with "small" diameter distributor cap only.
- Supplied air filter may interfere with some valve covers.
Driver Side Specific Supercharger Mounting.
- Not compatible with power steering pump mounting.
- Not compatible with air conditioning.
Passenger Side Specific Supercharger Mounting
- Requires battery relocation in 1964-68 Mustangs & 1963-65 Falcon/Comet.
- Supplied alternator spacer works with Ford alternators only (3” mounting shoulder).
- Chevy alternator requires custom spacers.
1969 Mustang 351 Windsor V8
Our system is best suited for H-Code cars that have 2-BBL carburation and a 9.5:1 compression ratio (dished top pistons) from the factory. Boost will be limited on M-Code cars with 10.7:1 compression (flat top pistons).