This is a "universal" supercharger kit designed for vehicles equipped with carbureted big block Chevrolet engines.
Note - Carbureted Tuner Kits do not include Vortech Carburetor Enclosure Box, which a similar box or hat must be sourced separately. Vortech PowerHat also available for purchase separately.
- This system requires the installer to supply a high volume fuel pump and properly jetted 4150 style carburetor unit (with mechanical secondaries)
- We have verified this kit to fit on 1964-1972 Chevelle / Malibu models equipped with a cowl induction hood. Minor bottom-side hood support modifications may be required depending upon the type of intake manifold installed on the engine.
- This kit may also fit other Chevrolet models, but has not been confirmed
- Horsepower gains (depending on boost levels, engine volumetric efficiency etc.): 30-75%+
- Supplied pulley ratio will produce approximately 5-6 psi at 5000 rpm on a mildly modified 454" engine
- Installation time: 4-10 hours depending on application
- V7 YSi supercharger with 3.33" pulley 10-rib (CW rotation; straight discharge)
- Cast aluminum mounting bracket with all necessary hardware
- New twin 1/2" thick billet aluminum mounting plates for rigid supercharger attachment
- Supercharger drive:
- Belt tensioner with dual bearing, billet aluminum idler pulley
- Includes 61.8” 10-rib belt, billet aluminum accessory drive crank pulley (3 groove) with hard anodize finish and spacer for use with long water pump spacing
- 10-rib billet aluminum supercharger crank pulley with hard anodize finish (7” diameter)
- Available drive component accessories to convert to 36 or 50mm wide 8mm pitch cog drive. See optional components below for part numbers
- 3.5” diameter cast aluminum discharge tube assembly with clamps, silicone sleeves and hardware
- Supercharger oil drain assembly
- Supercharger oil feed assembly
These Systems are NOT CARB legal, and are legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway (off-road use only). Installation of this part on an emissions controlled vehicle driven on public roads and highways is likely to violate U.S Law regarding motor vehicle emissions.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, visit www.p65warnings.ca.gov
CARB Compliance: This product is not available or legal for sale in California. Only CARB EO Certified complete systems may be purchase in the state of California. Any modification or purchase of items that modify CARB EO Certified complete systems is prohibited by California law. Please contact us directly for additional information.