This is a revised "universal" supercharging system designed for vehicles equipped with carbureted small block Chevrolet engines. Horsepower gains depend on boost levels, engine efficiency, etc., but can range from 30-75%. It offers improved application flexibility, increased supercharger mount rigidity and simple integration with existing OEM drive configurations. Installation time will also vary depending on application, but can range from 4-10 hours. This system has been verified to fit on 1970-1973 Camaro/Firebird (w/cowl hood), 1964-1972 Chevelle and 1955-1957 Sedan (BelAir/210 etc.) and 1968-1973 Nova/Chevy II.
Note - Carbureted Tuner Kits do not include Vortech Carburetor Enclosure Box, which a similar box or hat must be sourced separately. Vortech PowerHat also available for purchase separately.
- Horsepower gains, depending on boost levels, engine volumetric efficiency and other factors, range from 30% to more than 75%.
- Vortech gear driven supercharger for unmatched reliability.
- Supplied Belt/Pulley ratio will produce approximately 8-10 psi at 5500 rpm on a mildly modified 350 cubic inch motor (S-Trim systems)
- Technologically advanced, high-efficiency impeller and housing design developed in Vortech's supercharger test cell to meet SAE J1723 Standard.
- Oil feed and oil drain assemblies deliver the best possible lubrication and cooling for the supercharger, even under sustained boost conditions.
- Cast aluminum mounting bracketry with all necessary hardware.
- 3/8" thick nickel plated steel for rigid supercharger attachment.
- Inlet and discharge duct connection utilize-heat resistant silicon sleeves and premium quality stainless steel clamps. 10-rib, 6061-T6 billet aluminum supercharger crank pulley with hard anodize finish (6" diameter) and pulley spacer.
- Integrated manual belt tensioner assembly with dual bearing tensioner pulley
- High-flow, reusable air filter