Tuner Kit Availability
- 2016-2017 - Tuner Kits are available for 2016-2017 GT350, and GT350 Track Pack models.
Vortech's Ford 5.2L Shelby GT350 Supercharger Systems are available as a Tuner Kit (2016-2017) for custom installations for all applications, being stock, modified vehicles, or higher horsepower applications.
The new GT350 system uses Vortech's V-3 SCi supercharger. Continued development in Vortech's Lab resulted in the V-3 SCi. The "i" stands for improved and with its new patented oil control system and state of the art centrifugal compressor stage this V-3 literally blows away the competition. Industry leading 75% adiabatic efficiency [SAE J1723 standard] means less heat is being generated, drive power is reduced and more net power is produced. Less heat also means better durability.
Centrifugal superchargers easily make more pressure and flow than a roots type blower and are much more efficient. Read our Roots vs Centrifugal comparison to see the numbers.
Vortech supercharger systems are a great value. Dollar for dollar, Vortech systems deliver more horsepower than virtually any other method of upgrade. Also, driven normally, gas mileage often increases rather than decreases.
Tuner Kits, Upgrades, More HP
For higher-horsepower, custom-tuned installations we recommend a tuner kit, which does not include a fuel pump, fuel injectors or ECU programmer. This requires you or your installer to provide custom calibration and the required fuel components. The V-3 SCi supercharger included with the tuner kit is capable of up to 775HP on modified vehicles. Tuner kits are also available with the 1,000HP V-2 Ti supercharger for high-performance racing vehicles. Call Vortech or your dealer for more information.
Black Finish Systems
For that fully integrated look, 5.0 Mustang systems are available in factory matching black finish. Polished units are also available.
Included Components and Features
- V-3 SCi compressor with 3.80" drive pulley
- Manifold boost pressure: 6.0-6.5 psig @ redline on stock engine
- Air inlet assembly includes:
- High-flow carbon fiber inlet duct. Mates to OEM airbox
- OEM replacement K&N panel filter
- OEM 5.0L GT airbox base and lid
- Silicone sleeves and reducers
- Stainless steel clamps
- PCV and breather hose provisions
- Replacement engine coolant pipe and hose assemblies
- Engine coolant reservoir replacement assembly
- Dual plate supercharger mounting system includes idlers, drive belt and all hardware. Mount features multiple position idler location for a wide range of belt and pulley fits.
- Discharge components include:
- High flow air/air charge cooler. 24" x 13" x 3.5" cooler core.
- Mandrel bent 3" and 3.5" aluminum charge tubes for high flow and minimal weight
- Stainless steel clamps
- Silicone sleeves
- 98mm MAF housing configured for "blow-through" use. Integrated air-straightener upstream of the MAF housing.
- Vortech Maxflow Race Bypass Valve with filter
Installation time is rated at 8-10 hours.
Tuner Kits are NOT CARB legal, and are legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway (off-road use only). Installation of this part on a vehicle driven on public roads and highways is likely to violate U.S Law regarding motor vehicle emissions.
Use Vortech 2A036-xxx series 6-Rib supercharger pulleys. Vortech offers several sizes to choose from.
Fuel Pump Booster
5A102-029 - The Maxflow® fuel pump booster increases voltage to the fuel pump for increased flow to the injectors. FPB2 is microprocessor controlled and is preprogrammed for the standard Coyote 5.0L engine.
5A102-030 - The FPB1 Maxflow® fuel pump booster is like the 2 version but has a fixed voltage increase without programmability. Can be operated with a pressure switch.