Vortech Superchargers continue their dominance of the Coyote market with the announcement of 50-State Emissions Legality on 2018 5.0L Mustang GT Complete Supercharging Systems.
These exciting systems are available for both the 6-Speed Manual and 10-Speed Automatic Transmisson vehicles, and include the higher output Vortech V-3 JT Supercharger. These self-lubricated units feature the unmatched efficiency and reliability you have come to expect from a Vortech Supercharger, plus the ability to support up to 1,000 horsepower in your Coyote-powered Mustang.
The Complete Vortech System will boost your stock 2018 GT to 692 HP and 584 lb/ft torque with 7.5-8.5 PSI from the V-3 JT-Trim Supercharger at the factory redline.
The Complete Systems Include:
- V-3 JT Supercharger with 3.60" pulley for 7.5-8.5 psi @ redline on stock engine
- Billet Aluminum and Steel supercharger mounting bracket assembly redesigned for the 2018 Mustang GT. Features multiple position idler location for a wide range of belt and pulley options.
- Highly efficient air-to-air charge cooler exhibits significantly greater cooling effectiveness vs. competitor's poorly designed "small but tall" units.
- Mandrel bent 3.0" and 3.5" aluminum discharge ducting designed specifically around the 2018 GT for high flow and minimal weight. Includes 98mm MAF housing configured for "blow-through" use, and features flow straightening technology.
- Air inlet duct mates to OEM airbox, or some aftermarket CAI kits. Optional Carbon inlet duct also available.
- Fuel system upgrades include fuel rail spacers and high flow replacement fuel injectors, as well as a Vortech Plug-and-Play Maxflow Fuel Pump Voltage Booster.
Now more than ever, no power adder company takes the Coyote powerplant to the next level of performance like Vortech Superchargers - The Gold Standard In Supercharging For Over 25 Years.
2018 - Complete systems are available for manual and automatic transmission vehicles.
692HP Complete Systems, 50-State Smog Legal under CARB E.O. # D-213-38
Complete, fully calibrated supercharging systems are available for the 2018 5.0L Mustang GT, featuring the V-3 JT centrifugal supercharger with air-to-air charge cooler.
The complete system will boost your stock 2018 GT to 692 HP and 584 lb/ft torque with 7.5-8.5 PSI from the V-3 supercharger at the factory redline.
The 2018 Mustang GT system uses Vortech's V-3 JT supercharger. Continued development in Vortech's Lab resulted in the V-3 JT. With its new patented oil control system and state of the art centrifugal compressor stage this V-3 literally blows away the competition. Industry leading 76% adiabatic efficiency [SAE J1723 standard] means less heat is being generated, drive power is reduced and more net power is produced. Less heat also means better durability. Also, Vortech's supercharger systems weigh less than half of the low-tech competing brands.
Additional Kit Options
For higher-horsepower, custom-tuned installations we recommend a tuner kit, which does not include a fuel pump, fuel injectors or ECU programmer. This requires you or your installer to provide custom calibration and the required fuel components. The V-3 JT supercharger included with the tuner kit is capable of up to 950HP on modified vehicles. Tuner kits are also available with the 1,200+HP V-7 YSi supercharger for high-performance racing vehicles. Call Vortech or your dealer for more information.
Available Supercharger Finishes
Multiple kit finishes available. For that fully integrated look, 5.0 Mustang systems are available in factory matching black finish. Satin and Polished units are also available.
Complete System Included Components and Features
- V-3 JT compressor with 3.60" drive pulley
- Manifold boost pressure: 7.5-8.5 psig @ redline on stock engine
- Supplied handheld programmer re-flashes the ECM with a safe, custom Vortech calibration for 91-octane fuel.
- Fuel system upgrade includes fuel rail spacers, high flow replacement fuel injectors, and Vortech Maxflow Plug-and-Play Fuel Pump Voltage Booster.
Air inlet assembly includes:
- High-flow roto-molded ducting. Mates to OEM airbox and some aftermarket "CAI" MAF/inlet assemblies
- OEM replacement K&N panel filter
- Silicone sleeves and reducers
- Stainless steel clamps
- PCV and breather hose provisions
- Replacement engine coolant pipe and hose assemblies
- Engine coolant reservoir replacement assembly
- Dual plate supercharger mounting system includes idlers, drive belt and all hardware. Mount features multiple position idler location for a wide range of belt and pulley fits.
Discharge components include:
- High flow air/air charge cooler. 24" x 13" x 3.5" cooler core.
- Mandrel bent 3" and 3.5" aluminum charge tubes for high flow and minimal weight
- Stainless steel clamps
- Silicone sleeves
- 98mm MAF housing configured for "blow-through" use. Integrated air-straightener upstream of the MAF housing.
- Vortech Maxflow Race Valve
Installation time is rated at 8-10 hours.
Complete systems are smog legal per California Air Resources Board (CARB). CARB Executive Order # D-213-38
Optional Parts/Accessories - 8-Rib Drive Upgrade
4FQ116-009 - The 8-Rib pulley upgrade is a must for any high-output tuner kit. The extra two ribs allow 33% more drive power to be transmitted to the supercharger and also reduce slip that reduces power and shortens belt life. NOTE: 8-Rib damper is not included and must be purchased separately.