Add to wishlist
This is a "universal" supercharger kit designed for vehicles equipped with carbureted big block Chevrolet engines.
Note - Carbureted Tuner Kits do not include Vortech Carburetor Enclosure Box, which a similar box or hat must be sourced separately. Vortech PowerHat also available for purchase separately.
- This system requires the installer to supply a high volume fuel pump and properly jetted 4150 style carburetor unit (with mechanical secondaries)
- We have verified this kit to fit on 1964-1972 Chevelle / Malibu models equipped with a cowl induction hood. Minor bottom-side hood support modifications may be required depending upon the type of intake manifold installed on the engine.
- This kit may also fit other Chevrolet models, but has not been confirmed
- Horsepower gains (depending on boost levels, engine volumetric efficiency etc.): 30-75%+
- Supplied pulley ratio will produce approximately 5-6 psi at 5000 rpm on a mildly modified 454" engine
- Installation time: 4-10 hours depending on application
- V7 YSi supercharger with 3.33" pulley 10-rib (CW rotation; straight discharge)
- Cast aluminum mounting bracket with all necessary hardware
- New twin 1/2" thick billet aluminum mounting plates for rigid supercharger attachment
- Supercharger drive:
- Belt tensioner with dual bearing, billet aluminum idler pulley
- Includes 61.8â€ 10-rib belt, billet aluminum accessory drive crank pulley (3 groove) with hard anodize finish and spacer for use with long water pump spacing
- 10-rib billet aluminum supercharger crank pulley with hard anodize finish (7â€ diameter)
- Available drive component accessories to convert to 36 or 50mm wide 8mm pitch cog drive. See optional components below for part numbers
- 3.5â€ diameter cast aluminum discharge tube assembly with clamps, silicone sleeves and hardware
- Supercharger oil drain assembly
- Supercharger oil feed assembly
These Systems are NOT CARB legal, and are legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway (off-road use only). Installation of this part on an emissions controlled vehicle driven on public roads and highways is likely to violate U.S Law regarding motor vehicle emissions.