No POWER ADDER company produces more products for the '86-'93 Fox Body Mustang than Vortech. For more than 20 years, we have demonstrated our product leadership with our wide range of super-efficient centrifugal superchargers. From complete, 50-state emissions-legal, 6-psi starter systems to full-blown (literally) 2000+ horsepower V-20 series superchargers, Vortech has you covered.
Our Super High Output Fox Body Mustang systems feature our ultra-efficient V-7 YSi compressor. Continual development in our test lab resulted in the YSi model, which achieves a peak adiabatic efficiency of 78% [SAE J1723 standard]. The "i" stands for improved and with its combined efficiency and output potential, this state of the art centrifugal compressor stage literally blows away the competition. High efficiency means less heat is being generated, drive power is reduced and more net power is produced. Less heat also means better durability.
Upgrades, Accessories and Spare Parts
- Race Equipment
- Supercharger Compressor Upgrades
- Supercharger Pulleys, 8 rib pulley sets, 10 rib pulley sets and Cog drive pulleys (see Pulleys and Belts)
- Fuel pumps and system upgrades
- Fuel Management Units
- Boost Timing Master
- Voltage Booster for fuel pump
- Bypass and Blowoff valves
Vortech's Fox Body Mustang Systems are available as either a complete, fully calibrated bolt on, or as tuner kits for custom installations at 2000+HP. We offer several Superchargers to choose from for your Tuner or Super High Output system. See the supercharger page or call the Vortech tech line for assistance. The engine oil lubricated V-2 supercharger is the preferred unit for sustained boost such as circuit road racing; also, a dedicated oil cooler and/or filter can be fitted.
Vortech supercharger systems are a great value. Dollar for dollar, Vortech systems deliver more horsepower than virtually any other method of upgrade. Also, driven normally, gas mileage often increases rather than decrease.
System Components and Features
- Technologically advanced, high-efficiency impeller and housing design developed in our SAE J1723 compliant supercharger test cell.
- Passenger or Driver Side mount systems available. Driver side mount systems not compatible with vehicles running air conditioning or power steering.
- Dual plate cast aluminum and steel supercharger mounting bracket assembly provides rigid mounting solution with minimal weight. Includes idler, drive belt and all hardware.
- Dedicated 10-Rib Supercharger drive system provides superior belt grip at higher boost levels.
- Inlet and discharge duct connections utilize heat resistant silicon sleeves and premium quality stainless steel clamps.
- High-flow bypass valve provides for surge-free compressor operation.
These systems are NOT CARB legal, and are legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway (off-road use only). Installation of this part on a vehicle driven on public roads and highways is likely to violate U.S Law regarding motor vehicle emissions.