In a field packed full of talented drivers, sometimes a product can shine as it helps multiple drivers make their way to the top of the podium. For the last 2 rounds in a row, it has been Vortech Supercharged combinations powering the winning car to victory in heavy Formula Drift competition.
Round 6 at Evergreen Speedway saw many of the top ranked drivers get taken out early in fierce competition, and when the smoke had cleared, Aurimas “Odi” Bakchis had bested Ken Gushi in the Semi-Finals and Chris Forsberg in the Finals to come out in the top spot. “I’m really happy with the win.” said Bakchis. “I really want to keep this momentum going into the next round and am excited for the rest of the season.” Bakchis was powered to victory with the aid of the Vortech V-7 YSi Supercharged LS Engine under the hood of his Ark Performance/Feal Suspension/Falken Tire Hyundai Genesis.
“It was awesome to treat the capacity crowd to an amazing weekend of competition, during one of the busiest event weekends in the region.” said Jim Liaw, President of Formula DRIFT.
Round 6: Throwdown Event Results
1. Odi Bakchis Ark Performance / Feal Suspension / Falken Hyundai Genesis Winner
2. Chris Forsberg NOS Energy Drink / Hankook Tire Nissan 370Z 2nd Place
3. Ken Gushi GReddy Racing / Nexen Tire SR by Toyota 86 3rd Place
4. Matt Coffman Coffman Racing Nissan 240 4th Place
5. Tyler McQuarrie Mobil 1 Chevy Camaro 5th Place
6. Fredric Aasbo Rockstar Energy Drink / Nexen Tire SR by Toyota tC 6th Place
7. Tanner Foust Rockstar Energy Drink / Nexen Tire Volkswagen Passat 7th Place
8. Dean Kearney Oracle Lighting Dodge Viper 8th Place
9. Vaughn Gitten Jr. Monster Energy / Nitto Tire Ford Mustang RTR 9th Place
10. Matt Field Falken Tire / Driftcave Motorsports Nissan 240 10th Place
11. Dai Yoshihara Falken Tire / Turn 14 Subaru BRZ 11th Place
12. Kenny Moen Team Boost Lock BMW M3 12th Place
13. Forrest Wang Get Nuts Lab / Hankook Tire Nissan 240 13th Place
14. Robbie Nishida Achilles Radial Infiniti G37 14th Place
15. Alec Hohnadell Enjuku / Get Nuts Lab / Nexen Tire Nissan 240 15th Place
16. Jhonnattan Castro Gerdau Meltadom / Nexen Tire Toyota 86 16th Place
Round 7 at Texas Motor Speedway was one for the record books, as it saw Matt Field in the Falken Tire/Driftcave Motorsports Nissan 240 takes his first ever victory in Formula Drift competition. “I knew we could do it, it took a little while, but we are there,” said Field. “We did it. We got the “W”. Thank you to everybody.”
Matt Field piloted his Vortech V-7 YSi-B Supercharged LS-powered beast through the pack, dispatching Kristaps Bluss in the Semi-Finals, and then being run into by Chris Forsberg in the Finals, ultimately giving Field his first Formula Drift victory.
“The competition tonight showcased the diversity and talent of the driver pool,” said Jim Liaw, President of Formula DRIFT. “We had a mix of past champions and young guns drive their hearts out at a very high level on a challenging and competitive course.”
Round 7: Throwdown Event Results:
1. Matt Field Falken Tire / Driftcave Motorsports Nissan 240
2. Chris Forsberg NOS Energy Drink / Hankook Tire Nissan 370Z
3. Alec Hohnadell Enjuku / Get Nuts Lab / Nexen Tire Nissan 240
4. Kristaps Bluss HGK / Mast / Motul / Achilles Tire BMW M3
5. Fredric Aasbo Rockstar Energy Drink / Nexen Tire SR by Toyota tC
6. Odi Bakchis Ark Performance / Feal Suspension / Falken Hyundai Genesis
7. Forrest Wang Get Nuts Lab / Hankook Tire Nissan 240
8. Mike Whiddett Red Bull / Nitto Tire Mazda MX5
9. Vaughn Gittin, Jr. Monster Energy / Nitto Tire Ford Mustang RTR
10. Ryan Tuerck Gumout / Nameless Performance / Hankook SR by Toyota FRS
11. Ken Gushi GReddy Racing / Nexen Tire SR by Toyota 86
12. Tyler McQuarrie Mobil 1 Chevy Camaro
13. Dai Yoshihara Falken Tire / Turn 14 Subaru BRZ
14. Justin Pawlak Roush Performance Ford Mustang
15. Geoff Stoneback CFR / Hankook Tire Nissan 370Z
16. Michael Essa Loudmouth Exhaust / Achilles Tire BMW M3
The efficient, reliable power that can be gained from Vortech centrifugal superchargers is what can set one skilled driver apart from another. When the power you have on tap is this consistent, you can anticipate exactly what your car will do in any given situation. It allows a skilled driver to excel, reaching new levels of their peak potential. Here are 2 examples of exactly that. In the midst of heavy competition, the power and reliability of Vortech centrifugal superchargers rises to the top. Whether your goal is reaching a new personal best, or reaching the winner’s circle…Vortech Superchargers is the obvious choice.